Tuesday 6 November 2012

The Daily Bread #1


Shirt - Glamorous
Jumper - Lindex 
Jeans - Miss Selfridge
Boots - Bianco
Belt - Topman
Necklace - Miss Selfridge
Ring (top) - The Amber Shop, Southwold
Ring (bottom) - Past Times
Nail Varnish  - Topshop in 'Sketch' 

A quick apology for a) how horrendously awkward I am in front of the camera and b) the fact that I've not yet quite got used to said camera, hence the slightly dodgy photography in general.

I plan - with the very best of intentions - to do an outfit post every single day, come rain or shine.  Given that I wasn't doing anything very exciting today, I opted for a fairly simply outfit.  The shirt was bought last summer (by which I mean 2011) and has had a lot of wear for something I was never particularly in love with, as always seems to be the way.  I stole the jeans from my mum when I was at home last week, as mine developed a hole and it was a period of serious poverty.  The boots and belt will probably feature almost daily, so you can say hello to these as new friends.  I was excited to wear the jumper though, which I picked up in my favourite Swedish high street shop, Lindex.  I'd been looking for a loose yet not oversized, medium thickness, super soft jumper for weeks when I finally found this.  I'd originally hoped for bottle green or navy, simply because they better compliment the outfits I originally had in mind for it.  However, I couldn't leave this behind as it ticked every other box and I can imagine it'll be worn a lot this winter. 

As I said, I've not had a very exciting day.  I popped back to the Rohsska (a fashion, design and decorative arts museum in Gothenburg) to take some pictures as I was camera-less when I first visited a few weeks ago.  You can be expecting quite a few Rohsska posts coming up as it's probably my favourite space in Gothenburg so far.  Afterwards, I went to finally buy some new skincare products as I've been a terrible excuse for a girl lately and have absolutely abused my skin with cheap face wipes.  I've just properly cleansed, toned and moisturised for the first time in weeks and I can't stop stroking my face which feels baby soft again at long last.  Buying cosmetics - well, buying anything really - is a matter of pot luck nowadays, given my complete lack of  knowledge of any Swedish language, but I bought the Nivea Purifying Wash Gel and Mattifying Toner and some Olay Eye Make-Up Remover.  So far, so good but I shall review these further in due course.  

Now, for some reason given what a lazy day I've had, I'm absolutely exhausted, so I'm going to have to bid you a good night.

Sweet Dreams,
Elise.

2 comments:

  1. That's such a nice jumper and I love the way you've styled it with that shirt, it looks awesome! Thanks for the follow on Twitter, I really like your blog so far so I'm now following you on Bloglovin'. Looking forward to your posts! Felicity x
    that-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah my first follower, how exciting! Thank you so much :) Elise.

      Delete