Monday 12 November 2012

The Daily Bread #7



Top - Topshop
Cardigan - Topshop
Jeans - Cubus
Shoes - Topshop
Belt - Topman
Necklace - Topshop
Nail Varnish - 'Heart On Fire' by Rimmel Pro

Now, let's be honest, this outfit should be - and perhaps is - a bit of a car crash.  According to my grandmother, navy and black combined is the cardinal sin of fashion, so that's the first crime I've committed.  Then we look at the ancient blue top that's come out of the woodwork, the colour of which is so far off trend it's a bit embarrassing.  The pineapple necklace that screams summer just tips the whole thing over the edge and then there's the fact I definitely need to make friends with that little thing they call an iron... oh God.  But I don't know, perhaps it's so wrong it's right?

However, let's look at the potential. Take away this fine knit navy cardigan and add a chunkier cream one.  Replace the Club Tropicana (drinks are free, fun and sunshine - there's enough for everyone...) necklace with a more seasonal statement necklace and I don't know, I think this could be a winning lazy Monday outfit.  Perhaps the questionable colour of the top could even become a feature, a "hey guys, it doesn't matter about the catwalks right now, I have a class at 9am" kind of message.  

This is where the fact I moved to Sweden with just one suitcase of possessions starts to become a real issue.  I have so many ideas and if I could just reach across the ocean and into my Northampton/Plymouth wardrobes, they could all come to fruition.  Alas, this is not the case.  I am also beginning to wonder what exactly I was thinking when I was packing; some of the things that took place over others, there just seems to be no logic to it.  I guess this is why people pack ahead of time, rather than hours before their airport transfer.  One day I'll learn.

I discovered last night that the beautiful top I bought in Zara yesterday has an emerging hole in the back and some kind of black mark.  I'm quite sad as I'm pretty sure it was the last one but I'm going to try and take it back this afternoon.  Whilst it is still wearable, and I'm pretty sure the mark will come out in the wash, I'm not really prepared to spend £30.00 on something that didn't even arrive in very good condition.

To cheer the day up after returning what was my new favourite item, I'm going to try and go on a bit of a bargain hunt to find some more autumnal jewellery and perhaps some staple knitwear.  It's days like this that I really miss the great British institution of the charity shop.

With a dose of Monday misery,
Elise.

2 comments:

  1. That necklace is awesome!!! Thanks so much for the comment on my blog :)

    Helen

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pinapple necklace is A M A Z I N G! and that blue is fabulous!!!

    cute blog! xx hope to speak soon!

    big love Rebecca @ www.thecinnamonslipper.com

    ReplyDelete