Sunday 11 November 2012

The Daily Bread #6 - Easy Like a Sunday Morning


Shirt - H&M
Jumper - Lindex
Skirt - J.W. Anderson for Topshop
Boots - Bianco

Yesterday, in an excitable frenzy after a few too many cocktails, Suzanne and I planned a perfect Sunday of lunch and shopping.  This morning, after I'd drank a litre of water and washed away my groggy head, this idea was just as appealing.  Feeling a little delicate, I wanted to be comfortable yet still wearing something nice enough to cheer me up.  Out came the zebra skirt.

I had ordered this skirt from the Topshop website within an hour of the J.W. Anderson collection being available online.  I was just terrified that I'd go back the next day to find it all gone.  I picked this skirt because I like it's very simple shape (it's actually a high waisted slim A line, but I like it worn with layers over it to create a very 60s mini) combined with the bold print.  I find this makes it very wearable yet also interesting.  For such a statement piece, I seem to get a surprising amount of wear out of it.

I said that you'd be seeing a lot of this jumper and here it is for the second time this week.  It is the perfect hangover jumper because it's very 'snuggly' (is it just me who requires comfort blanket style emotional support from their clothes the morning after the night before?) yet quite light so won't cause the dreaded hangover overheat.  Just like everybody else on the planet at the moment, or at least in the blogosphere, I'm loving collars in all shapes and forms.  Since buying this shirt from H&M I have absolutely no idea how I ever lived without it; it just goes with everything.

Our day was just the perfect Sunday we had hoped for.  After a lovely lunch at En Deli Haga, which is a vegan deli in Gothenburg, we went for a wander and a browse around the shops.  I discovered the Zara TRF range which was quite exciting.  From what I can gather, it's just the 'young' range aimed at teenagers.  They had some great things there though and it seemed to be slightly cheaper.  I bought a really exciting blouse which you'll definitely be seeing very soon and also some desperately needed black jeans.  

Then, the most important part of the day, I lost my Mac virginity and bought a lipstick.  Even the Mac shopping experience was delightful - so much more satisfying than the disdainful stares you get shopping in the Rimmel corner of the the department store.  I went for 'cyber' with some moral support from Suzanne.  I've wanted a vampy purple lipstick for weeks but it's just such a scary colour.  I'm so excited for it to have an outting next weekend and I'll let you know what I think.

Unfortunately, my weekend of fun is over now and I've got a Sunday evening of reading prep ahead of me.  My first week of blogging has come to an end and now I've got to grips with it a little more, I'm going to try and do a few more general posts this week and also remember to take pictures out and about.  I solemnly swear.

Over and out,
Elise.

5 comments:

  1. I love how much you've actually written, so many bloggers just leave it at a couple of short paragraphs. Personal opinion but I like having something to read!
    This skirt is cool, I didn't buy anything from the collection myself but if I did it probably would have been this. The print is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah really? This is so good to hear, I get a bit carried away and wondered if anybody would actually read the waffling ha! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my blog! I really like this shirt and jumper combo, so cool, really suits you!!!

    Helen

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness that skirt!! I love it so much.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute outfit! I'm slightly overdoing shirt and jumper combos at the moment, but no skirts as bright as this to brighten it up! Love it :)
    http://fashionsings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete