Sunday 11 November 2012

The Daily Bread #5 - Evening Event

This is actually yesterday's post so firstly let me apologise for its lateness.


Blouse - Topshop
Jeans - Miss Selfridge
Blazer - Lindex
Scarf - Topshop
Shoes - Jeffrey Campbell
Clutch - Vintage

Yesterday evening, we strayed from our usual Saturday night club routine and tried out the bars in Järntorget.  I was quite exciting by this event because I really love dressing for such smart-casual evening occasions.  

The base of this outfit, jeans and oversized blouse, are very simple yet I liked the way the sheerness of the blouse added another dimension so to an otherwise very plain combination.  I also think that the material of the blouse with the tweedy blazer created an interesting contrast of textures, the blouse being so very feminine and the blazer giving a heritage feel.  

I opted for my current favourite shoes and a clutch that came from my £10 vintage sack, which I discussed here. I think I've said already but since buying these shoes I completely understand the Jeffrey Campbell obsession.  They are just so comfortable.  I thought that perhaps this was just because of the style I chose but I tried on a pair of beautiful fawn suede Litas this afternoon and they were equally as wearable.  I can not recommend them enough.  Comfortable heels that can be walked in as well as flats are just so useful for occasions such as last night, when you want the dressiness of a heel but are not prepared to put up with the immobility of other styles.

To accessorise, I chose this scarf that I got for my birthday last February and quite a lot of hand/wrist jewellery.  I did wonder if maybe this scarf was a little too summery colour-wise but I think the darker purple in it makes it suitable as a colour pop choice in winter.  The scarf print, to me, always gives a sense of luxe and decadence which I tried to add to in my jewellery.  Whilst none of my choices were statement pieces in their own right, I think that combined together they made a subtle statement of their own.

I'm lacking a camera phone these days (it's a very sore subject) and my camera was a little large for the occasion so sadly I didn't get any pictures but last night I had possibly the best cocktail of my life.  It involved gin, champagne, lime and sugar and it was glorious.  A rip roaring success all round.

With belated weekend wishes,
Elise.

No comments:

Post a Comment