Wednesday 7 November 2012

The Daily Bread #2


Shirt - Topshop
Dress (worn as top) - Topshop
Skirt - Zara
Shoes - River Island
Belt - Topman


It's thundering in Gothenburg today.  This doesn't make much of a change; not a day goes by, or so it seems, without precipitation of some kind.  Given that the weather was so bleak and that my plans involved nothing except hours in the library and a presentation meeting, I decided to cheer the day up a little and finally include some daytime heels in my life.  I've had these shoes for over a year now and I couldn't even begin to tell you how many times they've been worn.  They were a guilty purchase which happened at the height of post-summer, pre-loan poverty but I am so glad my willpower gave way on that occasion (as it usually does, to be honest).  My recent purchase of the Jeffrey Campbell 99 Tie Wedge means that these have been pushed to the back of my wardrobe but I think they might see some light again as a good daytime option now.  They are as comfortable as flats and I can run for a tram in them without breaking my neck.  If I could advise you to do one thing this autumn/winter it would be to buy a non-skyscraper wedge shoe boot.  Your life will be improved, I promise.  There's just something about heels that just make me so much happier than flats ever could.

I was lacking inspiration on the outfit front today, if I'm honest, mostly because I need to do some washing.  I ended up combining some of my summer favourites, having to resort to wearing a dress as a top due to a lack of other options.  The dual-skirt feel that resulted from this did make me feel like I was wearing a petticoat though and I spent most of the day trying to pretend that I'd time travelled back a hundred years.  It was a good little daydream.

This evening will consist of some reading and perhaps writing my first Rohsska post so you'll hear from me again very soon indeed.

For now,
Elise.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful printed skirt x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete